For more than 20 years, the Child Development Center at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital has been providing comprehensive diagnosis, evaluation and treatment for children with confirmed or suspected developmental or behavioral concerns.
With 1,500 evaluations and more than 7,000 visits per year, we are an established and respected treatment center for Northern New Jersey where children, from infancy to age 21, are cared for and treated. The Child Development Center has a longstanding relationship with the Head Start Program.
To schedule an appointment, please call (973) 754-2510
Programs and Services
- Binder Autism Center
- School and Child Study Referrals
- Specially-trained psychologist in Attention Deficit Disorder/ Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Autism Spectrum/ Pervasive Development Disorders. (Refer to Special Programs)
- Diagnostic Evaluation
- Psychological Assessment (ADOS, developmental, cognitive and achievement testing)
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Services
- Social Work Services
- Pediatric Speech and Language Therapy
- Pediatric Occupational Therapy
- Pediatric Physical Therapy
- Psychoeducation/Support Groups
- Parent Skills Training Groups
- Coordination of Services through our Genetics, Feeding and Swallowing and other Pediatric services (as needed)
- Referral Services to community-based programs and services
The team consists of neurodevelopmental pediatricians, child psychologists, applied behavior analysts, social workers and support staff. Rehabilitation medicine specialists including Audiologists, Speech and Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists are consulted and referred to as needed based on the patient’s symptomology and diagnosis.
Appointments: 973.754.2510 / 973.754.3081