The Valerie Fund at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital is a state designated comprehensive Sickle Cell Center and a member of the Children’s Oncology Group. We pride ourselves on providing the latest comprehensive cancer care for children. Since 2016, The Valerie Fund Center allows us to provide a host of wide-range psychosocial care to complement our comprehensive medical team including social workers, child life specialists, educational liaison, and neuropsychologists.
We offer integrative therapies, including acupuncture, acupressure, massage therapy, aromatherapy to provide relief from disease and treatment related symptoms. Our long-term follow-up clinic provides care beyond cure for our patients who are off therapy for at least 5 years.
What to expect during your first visit with us
- Upon arrival, our receptionist will greet you with a smile and complete your registration obtaining all required documentation for your visit.
- Our nursing staff will accompany you to a private room where your child’s height , weight, blood pressure, temperature , heart rate will be taken
- A physician will then take a medical history do a comprehensive physical exam and order any labs or x-rays/scans as needed. The physician may be accompanied by a resident or a medical student
- If lab work is ordered, a member of our nursing team will come back in the room to obtain the blood work.
- The physician will reach out with results of your tests and/or plan to make a follow up appointment to discuss in detail.
- We do have the potential for telehealth visits if condition allows